We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high quality education and improve literacy and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, businesses, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationalities) and includes some of the best minds from top companies in education, media, publishing, and technology.
We are seeking a self-starting, technology and business-aware SaaS professional – this role is critical to Odilo’s aggressive growth strategy.
As the BRD and Sales Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing the BDR team, as well as growing Odilo´s sales opportunity pipeline working closely with Odilo’s Chief Commercial Officer.
You will also play a critical role in the alignment between Sales, Marketing and Sales Operations teams. You will be responsible for the recruiting, training, coaching, and managing an international team of BDRs in a very fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
In this role, you will work closely with sales and marketing leadership to execute our inbound and outbound sales opportunity qualification processes, report on prospect response and engagement, optimise our pipeline generation cadences and methods, improve the prospect experience, uncover strategies to coach and develop the BDR/SDR team, and create scalable ways to drive team success.
As a data-driven organisation, you will be required to use a variety of measurement tools including CRM and prospecting tools dashboards and reports, and surveys to gauge the effectiveness of your work within your team.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious, energetic, self-motivated team player with high social intelligence and a natural inclination to win
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, physical learning spaces in our offices, knowledge collaboration through book clubs, and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn whatever they choose at their own pace.
What you will do at ODILO:
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train, and manage SDRs grow the team
- Accountability for the team’s success and take responsibility for continuously coaching and training the team
- Align BDR/SDR/MQR goals and activities with our Go To Market plans to ensure the company achieves growth targets
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to maximise pipeline creation
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives
- Monitor and refine lead processes; continually optimise selling tools to improve rep productivity
- Work with sales to optimise pipeline creation and efficient lead handoff
- Analyse data to identify trends and learn about new solutions
The ideal candidate will need to bring:
- +3 years at a B2B technology company (ideally SaaS) in an Sales Development or Inside Sales role, meeting or exceeding quota
- Excellent customer-facing skills using written or verbal communication
- Experience using CMR and or prospecting tools
- Highly organised around metrics, results-driven, and able to work through rejection
- Able to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated to generate pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
- Passion for learning, training, motivating, and coaching in a fast-growth environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- BA/BS degree is preferred
- Exemplary communications skills including strong, marketing-oriented messaging and writing/editing skills
What would make us happy:
- Experience leading a BDR/SDR Team
- Experience developing BDR on-boarding and ongoing learning programs to continually improve BDR skill set
- Ability to coach, build confidence and trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Experience developing the sales skill set strategy and promotional path planning for BDR program
Working at ODILO is about being part of a permanent learning culture, where everyone has the opportunity to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
However, we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job within an international, creative, and ambitious work environment.
- Semi-remote work.
- Flexible Compensation Plans: Food, Transportation, Childcare, Training, Health insurance and much more.
- A salary commensurate with track record and experience.
- Real opportunities for internal professional development.
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!