We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and improve literacy skills and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, enterprises, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationalities) and with champions from the top companies in the education, media, publishing, and technology industries.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you are passionate about sales, energetic, curious, and articulate. You’re determined to reach objectives and know how to navigate rejection. Intelligent, creative, and persistent, you understand how to quickly match a customer’s needs with a product’s value proposition.
The BDR role plays a critical role in the success of the company by developing the top of the sales funnel and being the first point of contact with potential new clients. Our ideal candidate is able to operate in a fast-paced environment and possesses outstanding communication skills, creativity, self-motivation, and passion to grow in your sales career.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs, and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn what you want at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create a great first impression with prospects, educate them on ODILO’s capabilities, and use a customer-centric approach to get them excited about our solution with the final goal of arranging qualified meetings.
- Be Curious about thoroughly researching targeted accounts & prospects and be eager to learn and understand the prospect’s business problems & needs.
- Connect with prospects through various channels like email, LinkedIn, phone, social media etc and utilize a personalized, researched-based approach to identify and qualify if there are business possibilities.
- Track and evaluate your activity & sales methods, find ways of improvement and contribute to the success of the BDR team by sharing best practices.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the markets/verticals you oversee and invest time into learning new trends in the market/industry to get a better understanding of your prospects.
- Update &Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in the CRM.
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing teams to develop new ways to increase awareness. and drive sales enablement content to improve lead qualification & conversion.
The ideal candidate would bring:
- Eager to start/grow a career in B2B sales and determined to do what it take to reach objectives and be successful.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, and interpersonal skills to be able to build long-tern relationships both personally and professionally.
- Results-oriented and driven to continuously improve your performance, well-organized and tenacious.
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box.
- Be passionate about digital learning and lifelong learning.
It will be a big Plus:
- 1-2 years of previous business experience, preferably in a results-oriented sales environment.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish. Other languages like Portuguese or French are a plus.
- Background and/or knowledge of the Learning & Development sector.
What we offer you:
Working at Odilo is about being part of a lifelong learning culture, where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job within an informal, creative, and ambitious work environment.
- Inspiring working space in the center of Madrid.
- Access to unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs. You could invest 3 hours per week of your daily schedule learning what you want at their own pace.
- Fulltime and permanent contract.
- A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!