We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and improve literacy skills and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, enterprise and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 millions of users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationality) and with champions from the top companies in the education, media, publishing and technology industries.
As the VP Schools Sales, you will take an important role in leading and building our global K12 and private education sales organization in Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for shaping our international sales and marketing strategy, managing relationships with strategic partners and key accounts across the private school market for our current operations in Spain and Latam while progressively expanding to new markets.
You will either sell directly (yourself and team) or work alongside channel partners to close new business and upsell to existing accounts and influencing closely the product and content partnership roadmap for the business unit to align well future sales goals.
To succeed in this role you will need to have strong communications skills, adapt easily to new scenarios and have a results-driven mentality.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn what you want at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will define and implement our sales strategy with a focus on private schools, manage existing relationships and generating new business opportunities, always ensuring the sales plan is aligned and supports our private k12 unit sales goals
- Analyze market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Coach and professionally develop an international sales team regarding strategies to drive closure rates and opportunity identification
- Establish and maintain collaboration with private schools to understand their context and be able to propose valuable strategic approaches
- Identify key strategic accounts to help shape the strategic plan in existing and potential markets. Support your sales team in closing international business
- You will identify and build strong relationships with the best channel partners for every strategic region where Odilo operates
- As the Schools Unit Manager, and biggest advocate of your business unit you will work closely with both our Marketing teams to define and execute the School Business Marketing plan (lead generation, conferences, partnerships, etc) and with our Product teams helping them to better identify our customer needs and collaborating on product evolution.
The ideal candidate:
- Has proven and deep experience in selling to private schools across several markets, individual and groups
- Understands well director, academic director, teacher and parent pain-points
- Deep knowledge of the international school learning market and international curricula
- Excellent consultative selling, communication and presentation skills
- Prior proven experience in achieving and surpassing new sales quotas
- Prior experience in building and managing high-performing teams in various markets
- Fluent in Spanish and English. High proficiency in another language, such as French is highly desired
- Brings a hunter mentality to the team. Well-organised and prepared. Able to work towards clear deadlines
- Is able to work remotely and travel frequently, if needed
- Has a strong passion for reading and education
It Will be a plus:
- Deep knowledge and experience working in the LATAM school markets will be a good plus
- Channel partnership management experience