We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and improve literacy and critical thinking skills. Many call us “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 6,000 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, enterprises, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in +45 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (+10 nationalities) and includes some of the champions from top companies in education, media, publishing, and technology.
As a Junior Data Analyst, you will manage databases and perform ad-hoc analyses as required. You will serve as a point of contact for departments across Odilo regarding their data and information needs, helping them measure and achieve their goals. We encourage you to question the data, find patterns and share insights with the team. You will work closely together with management to identify business priorities and take action.
We’re looking for someone with a strong desire to learn and explore the world of data analysis. Even if you don’t have much experience, we’re happy to teach you everything you need to know if you’re willing to put in the effort. Success in this position requires the ability to analyze diverse data sources, operate in a fast-paced environment, outstanding communication skills, and a high level of self-motivation.
To join Odilo, you need to be genuinely passionate about lifelong learning and helping other companies to boost a lifelong learning culture partnering with Odilo.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, physical learning spaces in our offices, knowledge collaboration through book clubs, and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn whatever they choose at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, cleaning and transforming large data sets.
- Creating interactive dashboards that allow leaders from many Teams to make data-driven decisions.
- Assist with creating and implementing reports.
- Dive deep into our data to extract valuable insights for management, product and customer growth teams.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies.
- Ensure a high standard of data quality.
The Ideal Candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Math, Economics, Engineering, Business or related).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, IF statements, pivot tables, etc).
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities.
- Ability to learn on your own and overcome challenges — you look forward to facing complex problems.
- Capable of working well within a team and being self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
- Able to read/write in English comfortably.
- Fluent in English.
It will be a Big Plus:
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Quicksight, Domo, Looker, Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience with ETLs, data manipulation, data cleaning and building data pipelines.
- Experience working with a CRM such as Pipedrive, Salesforce, Hubspot.
What we offer you:
Working at Odilo is about being part of a lifelong learning culture, where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges and participate on the growing of the company. But we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job within an informal, creative and ambitious work environment.
- Access to unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs. You could invest 3 hours per week of your daily schedule learning what you want at their own pace.
- Full Time permanent contract and semi-remote work.
- A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.