We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and improve literacy skills and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, enterprise and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 millions of users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationality) and with champions from the top companies in the education, media, publishing and technology industries.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, as a Regional Manager, you will be responsible for driving strategy and sales for Australia and New Zealand. You will be the first representative of ODILO on the ground and own the sales quota for the region, selling to primarily strategic accounts across multiple verticals: public libraries, ministries of education and corporates.
You will influence closely our content roadmap for the region to be aligned well future regional sales goals. You will either sell directly or work alongside channel partners to close new business and upsell to existing accounts.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn what you want at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify, research and formalize a comprehensive territory sales strategy (Australia / New Zealand), being responsible of the sales target for the assigned area.
- Research and understand prospects business plans and analyze business performance.
- Understand prospect’s buying/decision process and business cycles that can affect these processes.
- Building and maintaining high level, executive contact with customers, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships.
- Developing and implementing specific customer account and opportunity plans in support of company goals and quota objectives.
- Drive complex sales-cycles , negotiate contracts, document daily sales activities in our CRM.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Has proven experience in selling technological solutions (software/hardware) across several markets, including government and corporates
- Excellent in navigating complex sales and big corporate processes and closing big enterprise / public library deals, with prior experience achieving and surpassing new sales quotas
- Deep knowledge of the regional public sector and corporations in the area
- Excellent consultative selling, communication and presentation skills
- Potential to manage in the future a regional sales team
- Diligent in keeping sales pipeline information accurate and up to date in company CRM
- Hunter mentality. Well-organised and prepared. Proactive. Able to work towards clear deadlines
- Ability to work remotely and travel frequently, if needed
- Passion for reading and education
It will be a big Plus:
- Have experience selling technology + content solutions
- Proven experience selling to public libraries, ministries of education