We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high quality education and improve literacy and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, businesses, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationalities) and includes some of the best minds from top companies in education, media, publishing, and technology.
As a VP of Academic Sales, you will take an important and challenging role in leading and scaling a team of Sales Managers in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia as well as being the leader of a Global Business Unit (Universities and Business Schools).
As part of this role, you will also be responsible for shaping our unit sales and marketing strategy, managing relationships with strategic partners and key accounts across our established markets while progressively expanding our operations to new markets.
To succeed in this role you will need to have strong communications and leadership skills, adapt easily to new scenarios and have a results-driven mentality.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, physical learning spaces in our offices, knowledge collaboration through book clubs, and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn whatever they choose at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coach and professionally develop an international sales team.
- Spearhead strategies to improve closure rates and opportunity identification.
- Identify key strategic accounts (Universities and business schools) to help shape the strategic plan in various markets. Support your sales team in closing international business.
- You will work towards surpassing a global sales quota of your team.
- You will either sell directly or work alongside channel partners to close new business and upsell to existing accounts.
- Analyze regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities.
- You will identify and build strong relationships with the best channel partners for every strategic region where Odilo operates.
- As a Global Unit Manager, you will become the biggest advocate of your business unit, working closely with both our Marketing teams to define and execute the High-Education Business Marketing plan (lead generation, conferences, partnerships, etc) and with our Product teams helping them to better identify our customer needs and collaborating on product evolution.
The ideal candidate would bring:
- At least 5 years experience managing a sales team with the ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams; plus if you have experience with geographically distributed teams.
- Track record of building, scaling, training, and coaching high functioning teams.
- Ability to get involved in complex scenarios and work directly with prospects and customers when needed.
- Successful track record in selling both edtech solutions and content to Higher Education institutions (universities and/or business schools).
- Has proven experience in selling to both academic libraries, CIOs and leadership.
- Has solid understanding of learning management systems or virtual learning environments
- Fluent in Spanish and English. High proficiency in another language, such as French is highly desired.
- Prior experience in achieving and surpassing new sales quotas.
- Excellent consultative selling, communication and presentation skills.
- Diligent in keeping sales pipeline information accurate and up to date in company CRM, will build an open and transparent culture in the team.
- Brings hunter mentality to the team. Well-organised and prepared. Able to work towards clear deadlines.
- Truly passionate about lifelong learning.
- Shares our vision about how creating a strong proactive learning culture will be a key factor for every organization success.
It will be a big plus:
- Previous experience working with channel partners in different countries.