We are ODILO: a fast-growing edtech company with a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and provide educational technology solutions to help our users reach their full potential.
Through our solutions, we integrate access to millions of digital content items from the world’s best providers and, using educational technology and Artificial Intelligence, enable any organization to create its own unlimited learning ecosystem.
Currently, more than 4,500 institutions (governments, schools, libraries, universities, companies and startups) place their trust in Odilo, providing access to the benefits we offer to more than 149 million users in over 50 countries.
Our team is truly international (19+ nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content, and technology sectors.
As a VP of Public Sector, you will take an important and challenging role in leading and scaling a team of Key Account Managers in Spain and Latin America, dedicated to Government (basic education, higher education, public administrations, and public libraries).
As part of this role, you will also be responsible for shaping our unit sales and marketing strategy, managing relationships with strategic partners and key accounts across our established markets while progressively expanding our operations to new markets.
To succeed in this role you will need to have strong people management skills, a strong understanding of managing complex deals with public entities, multi-stakeholder management, communications and leadership skills, adapt easily to new scenarios as well as have a results-driven mentality.
We place learning and development at the core of our company, and are proud to encourage a culture of continuous learning where you will have access to everything from weekly time set aside in your schedule for learning using our unlimited resources of ebooks, courses, videos, etc; through to our internal smart content ecosystem or being able to dedicate part of your working day to participate in collaborative learning and innovation programs with your colleagues.
You should support a culture of learning within the team, and have the ambition to learn, innovate, and change the status quo.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coach and professionally develop an international team in the government/public entities (focus in Spain and Latam).
- Support your sales team in closing international business in education, smart cities, and cultural spaces.
- You will work towards surpassing a global sales quota of the business unit.
- Your team will either sell directly or work alongside channel partners to close new business and upsell to existing accounts.
- Analyze regional market dynamics and geo-political risks in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities.
- You will identify and build strong relationships with the best channel partners for every strategic region where Odilo operates.
- You will become the biggest advocate of your business unit, working closely with both our Marketing teams to define and execute the Government Business Marketing plan (lead generation, conferences, partnerships, etc) and with our Product teams helping them to better identify our customer needs and collaborating on product evolution.
The ideal candidate would bring:
- At least 10 years of experience working with public entities and/or big corporations.
- At least 5 years experience managing a sales team with the ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams; plus if you have experience with geographically distributed teams.
- Track record of building, scaling, training, and coaching high functioning teams.
- Ability to get involved in complex scenarios, with complex deals architecture, and work directly with prospects and customers when needed.
- Has at least some basic understanding of common educational technology solutions and learning management systems.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. High proficiency in another language such as French is a plus.
- Prior experience in achieving and surpassing new sales quotas.
- Excellent consultative selling, communication and presentation skills.
- Diligent in keeping sales pipeline information accurate and up to date in company CRM, will build an open and transparent culture in the team.
- Brings hunter and farmer mentality to the team. Well-organised and prepared. Able to work towards clear deadlines.
- Truly passionate about lifelong learning.
- Shares our vision about how creating a strong proactive learning culture will be a key factor for every organization success.
It will be a big plus:
- Previous experience working in multiple continents
- Previous experience working with channel partners in different countries.
- Experience in the education space