We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high quality education and improve literacy and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, businesses, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationalities) and includes some of the best minds from top companies in education, media, publishing, and technology.
As the Chief Marketing Officer, you will report to the CEO and work closely with the Executive Team to support Odilo’s mission, being responsible for our Vision and Long-term Plan for Marketing and overseeing the strategic development, direction and implementation of all marketing activities.
This is a role for a talented leader, you will be responsible for all aspects of our Marketing function across all countries, including branding, positioning, lead generation, PR, communication, product marketing, and customer journey.
Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, outstanding communication skills, self-motivation, sound judgment and the ability to partner with employees from different countries across all functions and levels of the company.
To join us, you need to be genuinely passionate about supporting a learning habit culture within your team and be open to new ideas and change the status quo.
We strongly believe that if we build altogether a strong and talented team committed to self-directed and continuous learning, we will create the foundation of a category-defining company.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, physical learning spaces in our offices, knowledge collaboration through book clubs, and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn whatever they choose at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives.
- You will lead, guide, coach and inspire our international Marketing team (6+people) and be able to attract and retain the best talent.
- Manage and control the execution of the Marketing Budget.
- Design and coordinate our strategic positioning and branding initiatives.
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product marketing, branding, lead generation, customer journey, lead generation, communications etc.) for different vertical and regions and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”.
The ideal candidate:
- Has proven experience as Chieff Marketing Officer or Marketing Director for a technology company or similar role.
- Has demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.) both national and international.
- Is genuinely passionate about Customer research, is obsessed with understanding customer needs and how we can better help our customers to be successful.
- Holds a solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods.
- Is able to apply marketing techniques over digital and non-digital channels.
- Is a leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Is an outstanding communicator (written and verbal) in both Spanish and English.
- Is a hands-on leader with the ability to attract a highly motivated and talented team of A-players.
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun and has a strong work ethic, is a self-starter and is willing to do what it takes to deliver.
It will be a plus:
- Experience in B2B SaaS.
- Knowledge and previous experience working in the international education industry.
- Experience scaling a Marketing department for a Startup company.
- Other languages (preferably Portuguese or French).
- Postgraduate, Master or complementary training in Marketing.
- High organizational capacity with experience working with task management tools.