Denver, CO, June 15 2016 – ODILO is excited to share information about new content, new customers, new publishing partners, and new resources. Visit booth #451 at the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando to learn more about ODILO, a global and innovative leader in the eBook industry.
- Audiobooks from Findaway World, a leading provider of digital audiobooks and technology solutions. Over 50,000 popular and bestselling eAudiobooks, from every major publisher, are now available in OdiloPlace.
- Over 50,000 Chinese bestsellers, available from major publishers such as Amazon (China), ibooks (China), Baidu Yuedu, Alibaba Literature, Jingdong, and Dangdang.
- Libraries can now meet the needs of their Spanish-speaking communities by offering popular Spanish magazines and newspapers, including large national, regional, and local newspapers, along with many thematic magazines.
- Over 1,000 streaming Spanish films from Spain and Latin America, including animated films, comedy, thrillers, and more. Content availability may vary by regions.
ODILO welcomes many new customers in 2016, including Alexandria Library (VA), Austin Public Library (TX), Four Seasons Private Jet Experience (WA), Iberia Airlines (Madrid, Spain), Pflugerville Public Library (TX), and Santa Fe Public Library (NM) to name a few. These prestigious organizations join thousands of other ODILO customers around the world, such as the National Public Library System of Chile, eBiblio (national digital library in Spain), The Library Network (a public library cooperative serving libraries in southeast Michigan), and Parramatta City Library and Leichhardt Library (part of IndyReads in New South Wales).
New Publishing Partners:
OdiloPlace (ODILO’s marketplace) now offers essential and popular titles from over 600 publishers, including new partners such as American Academy of Pediatrics, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Child’s World, Coteau Books, DK Publishing, Findaway World, Fondo de Cultura Económica, Free Ebook Foundation, Gardners, Green Apple Media, Grupo Oceano, Grupo Planeta, McFarland, MIT Press, Orca Books, Penguin Random House, Pottermore (Harry Potter series), PublishDrive, Saddleback Educational, Smashwords, Trajectory, WND Books, and Young Digital Planet. Some content availability may vary by language, platform, region, and/or institution type.
- eBookClub– no driving required! Community members of all reading levels will enjoy this interactive literary experience. eBookClub members are provided with direct access to the featured title, online discussions, live chat sessions, note-taking, highlighting, sharing, and commenting on select passages from the book. eBookClubs are simple for library staff to create and facilitate, or provide limited administrative rights to a volunteer, patron, student, or educator.
- For consortia– ODILO provides tailored solutions for consortia, regional networks, and state-wide library agencies to manage their own eContent marketplace and share titles among member libraries. Any type of group can harness their collective buying power, while meeting individual library needs. Various lending models available, including one-copy/one-user, Pay-per-Use, simultaneous access, and/or subscription.
- OdiloConsortia– a single shared platform that fosters greater cooperation and collaboration between libraries through resource sharing.
- OdiloFlex– using the same platform shared by the consortia, individual libraries may choose to purchase popular titles or additional copies exclusively for their patrons. Only available with OdiloConsortia.
- OdiloJoin– A network of ODILO digital libraries linked together to share eContent. Patrons have priority access to content purchased by their home library.
ODILO is a privately held Spanish and USA based company dedicated to developing the most innovative and creative solutions for libraries. With millions of end-users worldwide, ODILO offers a comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of library print and digital materials. Currently used in 43 countries, ODILO defines and designs efficient, user-friendly solutions, serving the needs of public, private, university, school, and special interest libraries, while enabling them to transition into the future. ODILO is headquartered in Madrid, Spain, with offices in Cartagena, Spain; Denver, Colorado; Mexico City, Mexico; and New York, New York.
Katie Klossner, Director of Marketing & Communications – North America and Australia