- The round was led by Bregal Milestone, with the participation of current investors Swanlaab and CDTI.
- Odilo is the pioneer of the “Create your Unlimited Learning Ecosystems” category empowering schools, universities, and companies to offer unlimited ways of learning to their users.
- More than 8,500 organizations from 52 countries have created their Unlimited Learning Ecosystems with Odilo, granting learning access to more than 100 million users.
Although many organizations are heavily investing in multiple Learning and Digital Content platforms they are still failing in their learner engagement rates and learning output expectations.
This is largely due to the current hyper-fragmented and disconnected Edtech market where organizations are still forced to build limited learning ecosystems with limited learning content access (limited to some formats or educational providers) and limited learning experiences (limited by copyright and technical integration barriers) provided by multiple vendors and that still don’t fulfill all their learner’s needs.
In order to solve these limitations, ODILO, a Spanish Scale-Up with offices around the globe, pioneered and paved the way with the “Create your Own Unlimited Learning Ecosystems” category.
ODILO is empowering schools, universities, and companies to create customized unlimited learning ecosystems that cover all the learning needs their learners might have in one platform/app.
With ODILO, now, all organizations can create their unlimited learning ecosystems granting their learners, teachers, managers, or families access to:
- The largest digital education catalog in the world, including titles, learning items, and learning experiences from over 6,300 top providers of ebooks, courses, podcasts, videos, magazines, press, educational resources, summaries, case studies, audiobooks, movies, etc.
- The premier solution to create and natively consume all kinds of learning experiences (learning clubs, onboarding plans, flipped classrooms, virtual classes, career paths, mandatory training, collaborative learning, etc.) without any digital content format, copyright, or platform integration limitations.
- A “Netflix/Spotify” style platform customized for every organization and every learning program that intelligently selects the best learning items and experiences from millions of options in order to adapt to every learner’s preferences and needs.
Over 8,500 organizations from 52 countries ranging from Ministries of Education to Universities and Private Schools, in the academic vertical, and from Startups to Large Enterprises, in the corporate learning vertical, have already created unlimited learning ecosystems that grant education access to +100 million people.
This €60M investment round has been led by Bregal Milestone, the leading European technology growth capital firm managing over €1bn dedicated to investments in high-growth technology companies, with the participation of previous investors Swanlaab Venture Factory and CDTI. Other company investors include Active Venture Partners, Kibo Ventures, JME Ventures, and Endeavor Catalyst.
The new growth investment aims to fund further development of learning technologies, boost their 43 languages and 3.9 million learning items and learning experiences catalog and propel the global expansion across all continents of their Unlimited Learning Category and the Unlimited Learning Organizations movement.
Francesco Canessa, Principal at Bregal Milestone, said, “ODILO is an innovative player in the high-growth educational content market, with an impressive product range, a vast content catalog, and best-in-class digital infrastructure. There is significant scope for internationalization and scaling the platform – two value creation levers where Bregal Milestone has significant expertise. As a leader in its field with a strong, sticky customer base and a unique offering, ODILO is exactly the kind of business we look for, and we’re excited about the growth prospects ahead as we work together.”
ODILO is a B2B2C company, which is positioned in a new category in the education market: Unlimited Learning Ecosystems.
ODILO allows any organization to create its own fully customized learning ecosystems, and offers its users unlimited access to the largest catalog of educational content in the world (3.9 million titles, learning items, and experiences from over 6,300 of the best providers of books, magazines, courses, videos, audiobooks, interactive content, educational apps, etc.) and create all types of learning experiences without restrictions.
In addition, #UnlimitedLearning allows both organizations and learners, through the use of artificial intelligence, to create unique learning paths and experiences.
Thanks to their unique Business Intelligent system, every organization can measure all possible ways of learning (in your free time, in the class, in your commute, in all possible formats, on all devices, independently or collaboratively with others, etc.) and by using evidence-based learning insights to constantly improve their learning programs.
Over 8.500 organizations from 52 countries including Governments in Europe, North America, Latin America, South East Asia, Australia, and Africa, academic references like Beijing University, and top companies like Vodafone, Nestle or Santander Bank have already created unlimited learning ecosystems, granting learning access to an aggregate base of +100 million learners.
Odilo´s current investors are Active Venture Partners, Kibo Ventures, JME Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst, Swanlaab Venture Factory, CDTI, and Bregal Milestone.
About Bregal Milestone
Bregal Milestone is a leading European technology growth capital firm managing more than €1.1 billion dedicated to investments in high-growth technology companies. The firm provides growth capital and strategic assistance to support market-leading companies in the technology sector. Bregal Milestone is part of Bregal Investments, a leading global investment firm with assets under management of over €12 billion.