We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high quality education and improve literacy and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, businesses, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationalities) and includes some of the best minds from top companies in education, media, publishing, and technology.
The Executive Assistant role at Odilo goes above and beyond the scope of a typical EA position. You will become the right hand of our executive team, always preempting their needs and requirements and constantly being one step ahead of the game.
Your goal is to take away any tasks possible from their daily responsibilities, allowing them to use their time in the most productive way possible while always maintaining confidentiality, integrity & professionalism.
EA will be your primary role, but you will also be required to support our Madrid branch by providing office management support according to the direction provided by our central team. In addition, you will be responsible for the Madrid office in terms of organization, inventory, team-building, and generally ensuring that things run smoothly. You will be the first person team-members turn to for help with any problems that arise in the office and will coordinate to help them or to get them connected to the right department to assist.
Beyond that, as part of working at a hyper-growth company that is constantly facing new challenges, you will have the opportunity to handle impactful projects and become deeply involved in the business.
We are looking for a bright and eager professional who is seeking the opportunity to impact in the education industry, and to be part of a mission that is helping to democratize education worldwide.
Learning and development is at the core of our company, and we proudly support a culture of lifelong learning and providing our team all the resources (weekly dedicated time for learning, company library, etc) required to learn whatever they choose at their own pace. You need to be genuinely passionate about supporting a learning culture within your team and be open to new ideas and changing the status quo.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complex calendar management and meeting coordination.
- Close collaboration with the CEO and the leadership team helping with presentations, translations (Spanish-English) and follow-up of projects and executive meetings.
- Keeping relevant team members informed of developments and refining communications throughout the company.
- Assistance with booking travel, including airline, hotel booking, and visas when needed.
- Planning team-building events and keeping a pulse on culture and team morale.
- Collating & distribution of weekly reports.
- Collaboration with the administration team for equipment and room facilities in our new Madrid offices.
- Follow up with interfacing teams to ensure the completion of previously agreed action items.
- Responsibility for supporting project work. Our expectation is that you will grow in the role of more project/program management.
- Special Project management.
The ideal candidate would bring
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- +4 years of experience in an administrative role, preferably as Executive Assistant.
- Excellent computer skills and comprehension of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly organized and able to prioritize under pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills – Be able to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to take notes during confidential meetings, synthesize outcomes, distribute and follow up.
- Positive attitude, appetite for development
- Complex calendar management (Google Calendar and Google apps specifically) skills – you’re a gifted “scheduler”; you can run circles around dynamic schedules without breaking a sweat.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and anticipate last-minute changes.
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Team player mindset.
- Ability to pinpoint problems and find creative solutions.
- Strong business acumen.
- Flexibility with last-minute changes.
- Calm under pressure, sense of humor, and good with people.
- Strong passion for self-development and lifelong learning.
What we offer you:
Working at Odilo is about being part of a lifelong learning culture, where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job in an informal, creative, and ambitious work environment.
- An inspiring workspace in the center of Madrid.
- Access to unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, physical learning spaces in our offices, knowledge collaboration through book clubs. 3 hours per week of your daily schedule to be invested in learning whatever you choose at your own pace.
- Full-time, permanent contract.
- A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!