We are ODILO: a fast-growing SaaS company with a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and provide educational technology solutions to help our users reach their full potential.
Throughout our solutions, we integrate access to millions of digital content from the world’s best providers and, together with educational technology and Artificial Intelligence, enable any organization to create its own unlimited learning ecosystem.
Currently, more than 4,500 institutions trust us (governments, schools, libraries, universities, companies and startups), providing access to Odilo to more than 149 million users in over 50 countries. In addition, we are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve learning in Europe.
Our team is truly international (+19 nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content and technology sectors.
As Head of Administration and Finance, you will have a direct impact on the global results of the company by implementing the strategy and tactics of the Finance and Admin team at Odilo. Reporting directly to the CFO, and working together with the other VPs, Directors and different global teams, you will have direct responsibility over the teams that are in charge of accounting, payments, collections, finance, reporting, contracts, forecasting and tax filings for both the parent and subsidiary companies.
As the head of the department, you will lead the definition and implementation of efficient and robust financial processes and systems to transition our financial and reporting capabilities to the next level, coordinating with leaders in other divisions like Sales Operations or IT.
We place learning and development at the core of our company, we are proud to encourage a culture of continuous learning where you will have from weekly time set aside in your schedule for learning, to unlimited resources of ebooks, courses, videos, etc; through our internal smart content ecosystem or being able to dedicate part of your working day to participate in collaborative learning and innovation programs with your colleagues.
You should support a culture of learning within the team, and have the ambition to learn, innovate and change the status quo.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Together with the CFO, define and implement the global finance strategy regarding subsidiaries, exchange rate hedging, tax and labor, financing needs, among others
- Leading a team of A-players that is in charge of all accounting-related, financial planning and reporting activities developing the team members on a daily basis, ensuring achievement of targets
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes and tools to enhance financial and reporting capabilities. Lead the project for the migration to a new ERP system
- Manage the preparation of all financial statements including monthly account consolidation of subsidiaries, ensuring completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all financial reporting. Building up reporting capabilities to cover new business needs
- Manage the teams in charge of accounting, payments, collections, finance, reporting, contracts, forecasting and tax filings, developing the teams on a daily basis, ensuring the achievement of targets
- Lead the month-end close process, including consolidation of subsidiaries, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies
- Support in the preparation of yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Be the main point of contact with external stakeholders including banks, tax advisors, auditors, service providers, consultants at the different subsidiaries, among others.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Extensive accounting, tax and financial knowledge foundations
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role and managing teams in an international organization
- Experience in consolidation of foreign subsidiaries financial statements into the parent company is a must
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related subjects
- Good knowledge of international financial reporting
- High planning, organization, reporting, and presentation skills and superior attention to detail.
- Excellent multitasking skills, hands on approach, dynamic and motivated. A team player who enjoys working in a matrix and international set up
- Ability to take ownership and manage own area of responsibility
- Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English
It will be a big Plus:
- Experience in a technology company and especially in B2B businesses
- Knowledge in different ERPs (e.g. Sage Intacct, Oracle NetSuite, Quickbooks, etc) and experience in ERP project migrations
- Experience working with CRMs (e.g. Pipedrive, Salesforce)
- Desirable previous experience in big four
What we offer you:
Working at Odilo is about being part of a lifelong learning culture, where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges and participate in the growing of the company.
But we also offer:
o A unique and challenging job within an informal, creative and ambitious work environment.
o Inspiring working space in Cartagena.
o Access to unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs. You could invest 3 hours per week of your daily schedule learning what you want at their own pace.
o Fulltime and permanent contract
o A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!