We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high quality education and improve literacy and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, businesses, and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 million users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationalities) and includes some of the best minds from top companies in education, media, publishing, and technology.
As a Multimedia Content Partnerships Manager (based in New York city), you will report to the SVP Content Partnerships and be responsible for onboarding new content providers and structuring existing content partnerships to help our company improve its overall content portfolio of thousands of content providers.
Ideally, you have experienced negotiating previous partnership/content licensing agreements, and you are familiar with which providers add-value to various market segments.
Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, hands-on, do fearless business development (for content partners), be goal-oriented, be well organized and collaborate with other members of your team to deliver on ambitious goals.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, physical learning spaces in our offices, knowledge collaboration through book clubs, and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn whatever they choose at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Outbound prospecting new content partnerships supporting multiple formats, e.g. ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts, video and more.
- Negotiations of commercial partnership terms and legal agreements.
- Well-organized and able to handle many relationships at the same be efficient.
- Conduct partnership conversations with mid and senior-level content provider decision-makers and influencers.
- Manage and regularly update a content partnerships pipeline in a CRM.
The ideal candidate would bring:
- Has previous experience working in a media partnerships role with traditional and other types of content providers/publishers.
- Good knowledge of the media industry.
- Proactive, hunter-like attitude.
- Very hands-on, able to work on multiple partners and projects with different objectives and collaborators.
- Understand how to use prospecting tools such as Linkedin.
- Fast learner and eagerness to listen and learn from your peers.
- Has a strong work ethic, is a self-starter and willing to do what it takes to deliver.
- Very organized and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun.
It will be a big Plus:
- Worked with non-traditional publishing formats, e.g. video, music, podcasts, educational content, etc.
- Deep understanding of different digital content license models in B2C or B2B.
- Other languages, preferably Spanish, Portuguese or French.